Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

I would like to share a book that I have found very helpful in my life, especially when I am feeling down or need some motivation. It is called "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff (for Teens)" by Richard Carlson. It gives wonderful advice for dealing with stressful situations that young people often face.


One thing that I love about this book is that it has sort, concise chapters for each topic discussed. Whenever I feel stressed, I just pick up the book, flip to a chapter, and read. It usually doesn't even matter which chapter I read, I almost instantly feel better. Carlson has a voice of understanding, yet he effectively gets his reader to think rationally, no matter what the situation may be. His short chapters make it easy to read, and he uses the perfect mixture of information, compassion, and humor to get his reader excited about life again.

This book has helped me through some hard times, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is struggling, whether it be with relationships, homework, a bad mood, insecurity, or just about anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment